Tamedia is the most successful digital company in Switzerland and has over 3500 employees within 16 companies across 5 countries.
The Tamedia Data Analytics Team (TDA) works with all these companies to build advanced data products and services. We work with cutting edge technologies to go from research prototypes into production systems at a rapid pace. Our systems serve more than 40% of the attributable swiss internet traffic and reach more than 85% of the swiss population on a monthly basis. If you are as much as a data nerd as we are, you realize that this is an unique opportunity!
Join our growing Belgrade team:
Work closely with Zurich teammates: Data Scientists, Engineers and Product Managers to build a proprietary high-performance data analytics platform.
Our platform is based on the concept of real-time stream processing and built to scale. We use a variety of different languages: Scala, Go, Java, D, Python etc
Our stack is based on: AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes
We actively use and contribute to open source projects by developing pieces that do not contain trade secrets as Open Source from the beginning.
For more information visit: https://www.tamedia.ch/en/group/dts
- Build and enhance a high performance, high volume real-time stream processing pipeline
- Implement services and APIs that are used by internal and external customers
- Work with Data Scientists to implement production grade services (e.g. we built image recognition and text classifiers that are used within our classified sites)
- Do research and build prototypes to leverage current and upcoming internet technologies into producing insights about user behavior.
- Bring in your ideas and take ownership in project.
- Actively help shaping our engineering culture
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Linux
- Experience in at least one statically typed language. We use Scala, GO, D, C, C++
- Also at least one scripting language, preferably Python or Bash
- experience crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful micro-services serving millions of requests a day
- Solid understanding of networking and internet plumbing such as TCP, TLS, HTTP
- Strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets, distributed systems and statistical concepts
- Interest in working with team-mates to explore the question: “What else can our data tell us?”
- Being technology/language agnostic, willingness to use different languages.
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, trainings)
- Excellent work life balance
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Great equipment
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment