Our partner localsearch - Swisscom Directories AG (www.localsearch.ch) is the leading online marketing partner for almost 100'000 Swiss enterprises.
With local.ch and search.ch we offer two of the largest online platforms in Switzerland (approx. 3 million users per month). In addition, we are the largest website operator and the number one in the field of digital booking solutions.
We are looking for a
Ruby on Rails Web Developer
to join our Belgrade team and help us shape and scale the team together with us.
With your experience to ship easy to use web applications you will work on important parts of our platform, specifically customer facing tools and sales tools that drive over half a million swiss francs of revenue per day.
You are part of an experienced team of web engineers, working with product owners, UX designers, and specialists from other departments. New features are implemented and deployed in short iterations and your contributions and ideas are always valued.
- You will be part of the journey from the start and help form the team with your ideas and your work.
- Delight users with great, easy to use products.
- Become an expert in all things localsearch. You want to know all the nitty gritty details of our business.
- Solid programming practices are your second nature and by actively living these practices you help others to become as good at these as you. We value pair programming, code reviews, testing, an agile approach and a fun team spirit.
- Can demonstrate skills in developing rich web applications and user interaction
- You believe in the simplicity and success of small increments and rollouts over big bangs
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (2+ years professional experience would be perfect)
- Experience with any JS framework such as React or AngularJS
- HTML and CSS (HAML/SCSS a plus)
- Understanding of cross-browser development, testing and bug fixing
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Understanding the principles of REST architecture
- Confident in using the Unix shell, Git in particular
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Fluency in English. German would be considered as a plus
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and trainings if you wish to do so
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- Modern working place with positive and fun atmosphere (We love foosball, game consoles, table tennis and 3D printers!)
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally