Our partner Gogo (www.gogoair.com) is the leading provider of in-flight connectivity and wireless entertainment solutions for the aviation industry across the world.To expand further our Gogo team we are currently looking for a:
DevOps Automation and Tooling Engineer
Like a growing number of other tech companies, Gogo believes that for modern companies to survive, it’s important to empower developers to run their own infrastructure. To this end, the DevOps team have done some remarkable things to simplify process and empower developers with rich tooling to support this philosophy.
Although the DevOps team is responsible for running their own infrastructure in AWS, it’s fundamentally not an operations team, and it does all it can to drive the availability and simplification of its systems.
We are looking for a smart, creative individual who has a solid understanding of the world from a systems perspective who is passionate about reducing system complexity and driving automation as well as developing their own skills and the skills of their peers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a solid and practical understanding of build systems, version control, and managing and deploying system at scale. Perhaps more importantly, though, it’s essential to be forward-thinking, eager to learn and have a passion to explore and experiment with the latest technologies.
- As part of a team, you will design, develop, deploy and continuously improve enterprise-grade
AWS based build and deployment tooling
- You will assist other teams in adopting best build, test and development practices
- Individually and collaboratively, you will Identify, adapt, and adopt new technologies
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent
- You have extensive knowledge of Python, Groovy, or similar language
- You possess a solid understanding of version control systems such as Git
- You are extremely competent in terms of administering Linux systems
- You have demonstrated, practical experience utilizing REST-based APIs in a scripting
- You can articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- You are able to integrate well with a social and collaborative team
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Agile/Lean methodologies
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, ELB, and auto scaling
- Netflix OSS tools such as Spinnaker, Simian Army, or equivalents
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Cloud deployments, containers, and continuous integration
- Knowledge of the Java programming languages and Java frameworks
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, trainings)
- Opportunity to use cutting edge technologies, and to work on greenfield projects
- Great equipment
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in an stimulating environment