Our partner Tamedia (www.tamedia.ch) is the most successful digital company in Switzerland. The company is founded in 1893 and has been listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange since 2000 and has over 3500 employees within 16 companies across 5 countries.
The Tamedia Data Analytics Team (TDA) works with all these companies to build advanced data products and services. To further scale these systems and build new products we are committed to further grow this team and expand its engineering capabilities with a dedicated team of specialists in Belgrade.
To expand further our Tamedia team we are currently looking for a
Senior Devops System Engineer
You will work with cutting edge technologies to go from research prototypes into production systems at a rapid pace. Our systems serve more than 40% of the attributable swiss internet traffic and reach more than 85% of the swiss population on a monthly basis. You will closely work with the Zurich based part of the team: Data Scientists, Engineers and Product Managers to build a proprietary high-performance data analytics platform. Our platform is based on the concept of real-time stream processing and built to scale.
We actively use and contribute to open source projects by developing pieces that do not contain trade secrets as Open Source from the beginning.
- Write automation code to build scalable, reliable and secure cloud infrastructure on AWS and Google Cloud
- Write code to improve our tooling, monitoring, orchestration, and deployments
- Provide site reliability and development operations
- Building up and maintaining Kafka and other database clusters as well as the logging infrastructure
- Calculating, overseeing and optimizing the costs of the infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux
- Excellent coding skills in any language
- Fluent in Python, we use Saltstack
- Experience with at least one configuration management system
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Good understanding of SQL
- Understanding how the Internet works
- Ability to research, evaluate and propose suitable new technologies
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Experience in cloud automation and HA setups
- Experience with distributed systems
- Understanding Linux containers
- Experience with Kafka, ZooKeeper, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL datastore is a huge plus
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses
- Proficiency in C, Go or D
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Develop further on modern technologies and innovative projects
- Highly competitive salary and fringe benefits
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in an stimulating environment